newbie questions using freeradius as wifi access point

Will Carter wcarter at webitects.com
Thu Jul 28 17:00:04 CEST 2005

Thanks for your help and again I apologize for my freeradius/linux
ignorance.

I tried to implement rlm_expiration

insert into radcheck
(username, attribute, op, value)
values ('testUser','Expiration',':=','25 May 2006 15:31')

But my nas is not picking up a session time-out based on this (the
rlm_expiration doc is leading me to believe it should do this)

>From rlm_expiration doc:

Expiration attribute format:

You can use Expiration := "23 Sep 2004" and the user will
no longer be able to connect at 00:00 (midnight) on September 23rd,
2004.  If you want a certain time (other than midnight) you can do
use  Expiration := "23 Sep 2004 12:00".
The nas will receive a Session-Timeout attribute calculated to kick
the user off when the Expiration time occurs.

Then I thought maybe I don't have the rlm_expiration module installed.

When I configured the freeradius install I used --with-experimental-modules.

So, I checked out what rlm*.so modules are in
/usr/local/lib/

rlm_expiration is not there

is this my problem?

If so, how do I specify which modules to install when executing the
./configure command?

-will