[ntlm_auth problem with peap] Some users are authenticated some are not

Ceyhun K� ckiral at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:08:53 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've setup freeradius 1.0.4 for authenticating wireless users.
I use peap authentication with ntlm_auth.
Setup work fine for most of the users.
My ntlm auth command from radiusd.conf is as follows:
ntlm_auth = "/usr/local/bin/ntlm_auth --request-nt-key
--username=%{mschap:User-Name} --domain=%{mschap:NT-Domain}
--challenge=%{mschap:Challenge:-00}
--nt-response=%{mschap:NT-Response:-00}"

Some user's authentication is rejected with "Logon failure (0xc000006d)" Error.
I tried Radius exec--program in command line, it didn't work either.
Same message ...

Problematic user's active directory authentication works fine for domain.
Perhaps it is a bun in ntlm_auth.

Any idea?