EAP-TTLS and PAP inner tunnel authentication

lists.mailing at surasoft.com lists.mailing at surasoft.com
Fri Jul 29 10:40:33 CEST 2005

Hi,

>From a suggestion on the mailing list I plan on using EAP-TTLS and PAP inner
tunnel authentication.

The reason I'm going this route is because I want to authenticate against linux
user accounts and the password is encrypted in /etc/shadow so the ms-chap route
is no good since it can't work with encrypted passwords.

How do I configure free radius to work with EAP-TTLS and PAP inner tunnel
authentication, I wasn't able to find much on the net. I'm quite a fast learner
however.

Are there any sample config files for what I'm after?

Setting up the clients seems easy from here.
http://vuksan.com/linux/dot1x/wpa-client-config.html

Sura