MySQL Authentication on Solaris

Eva Kolega ekol at softlab.ntua.gr
Wed Jun 1 13:46:06 CEST 2005

Hello everybody.
I have installed freeradius 1.0.1 on Solaris 9.
However, it seems that I have a problem with MySQL Aythentication. As far as unix authentication is concearned everything seems to be working fine. I have installed MySQL 4.0.21 package, but radius complains about the modules used. I also ran ./configure with "with-mysql-include-dir=/usr/local/src/mysql-4.0.21/include" but nothing good happened. To be precise, there is no devel package for mysql 4.0.21, as this verison of mysql contains almost everything.

Does anybody have a clue of how can I have MySQL authentication for RADIUS server on Solaris 9?

Thanks in advance,

Eva Kolega
Network Operations Centre,
Techonological Educational Institute of Athens