Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 2, Issue 3

markcapelle at pcmc.com markcapelle at pcmc.com
Wed Jun 1 14:56:22 CEST 2005

>Hello all! I would like to know if anyone has gotten freeradius to work
>with eDirectory (LDAP)? We are using freeradius 0.93 (ships with sles9)
>and want our wireless users to authenticate to the eDirectory box. I
>changed the radiusd.config file at the ldap entry. Clients file has not
>been touched. It seems that i may need to "extend the schema" on the
>eDirectory box. Then include the supplied radiusxx.schema file in the
>slapd.conf file. Any help will be appreciated.

>Chris

I had this running in my environment for about 2 years.  You don't need any
schema changes(that I can recall) and you don't need to do anything with
slapd.  Just configure freeradius to look at your eDir as a LDAP store.
Search the archive lists, there should be plenty of examples there.

Mark Capelle
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail may contain trade secrets or
privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have
received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review,
copying or distribution of this message in whole or in part is strictly
prohibited. Please inform the sender immediately and destroy the original
transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.