Hanging radiusd

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Thu Jun 9 01:30:50 CEST 2005

I am encountering a problem on 1 of my radius servers (not any of the
others).  Every so often it hangs and quits responding to requests.
FreeBSD 5.3.  ps shows a status of TLs which means its waiting for a
lock.  There is no way to kill the process and ktrace shows
absolutely nothing over many requests that timeout.  The only way to
restart it is a reboot.  I do know that one of the memory boards is
likely to be defective.  I suspect that this is the cause of the
problem.  FreeBSD reports less memory on that board that is marked on
the board itself.  I don't recall the exact numbers but its not a
multiple of 2.  I won't be on site till Friday so won't be able to
put in new memory till then.  Does my assumption appear valid?