SQL based Simultaneous-Use troubles

Aaron Paetznick aaronp at critd.com
Tue Jun 14 13:14:35 CEST 2005

I'm having some trouble getting FreeRADIUS to use the SQL tables for
determining Simultaneous-Use.  I've reviewed the doc/Simultaneous-Use
file.  I've uncommented the simul_count_query line in sql.conf.  I'm
already successfully using SQL authentication and accounting.  I've
entered Simultaneous-Use:=1 in the radgroupcheck table.  No matter what
I do, this is what I get in the log:

Mon Jun 13 09:32:23 2005 : Error: Check-TS: timeout waiting for checkrad

You can go to http://www.tnics.com/raddb/ to see my entire etc/raddb
directory (with the clients file, passwords, secrets, and other
sensitive bits removed).

Can anybody offer any suggestions?  I'm just trying to use 100%
SQL-based Simultaneous-Use checking, so checkrad shouldn't even be
called, right?  I'm probably missing something really simple.  Thanks!

--Aaron