Looking for advice

Marcin Jessa lists at yazzy.org
Fri Jun 17 18:55:50 CEST 2005

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:29:24 +0200
"Benoit LELONG" <b.lelong at e-jiaguwen.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to build a freeradius plateform and I am looking for return of
> experiences about :
>  - the best choice of Linux distribution to support the last version of
> freeradius.

They all work. The best one is the one you're most comfortable with and with the most updated software collection.
Linux is just a kernel which is the same for every Linux distribution.
IMHO gentoo or debian are the prefered ones. The first one mainly a BSD wannabe for Linux where you primarly compile your own applications,  the second one uses precompiled binaries.
I personally prefer FreeBSD (or any BSD) over Linux.
Someone could humorously refer to what Theo de Raadt has to say about Linux:
http://www.forbes.com/intelligentinfrastructure/2005/06/16/linux-bsd-unix-cz_dl_0616theo.html

>  - the use of JRadius

What is JRadius?