use_tunneled_reply

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Sat Jun 18 17:46:00 CEST 2005

ragan_davis at colstate.edu wrote:
> This leads a dunce like me to believe that radius will send a reply
> back to AP/NAS that has User-Name equaling "novelluser", rather
> than "anonymous".

  Did you set "User-Name = novelluser" in the *reply* for the tunneled
session?

  You can verify that, independent of EAP, but using "radtest" with
the name & password of the tunneled user.

> I looked in the debug output (radiusd -A -X, right?).  I think this is
> what I am supposed to look for:

  Look at the REST of the debug output.  It tells you what the reply
is in the tunnel, and what it's copying back to the outer session.

 Please, when you're reading the debug log, do MORE than just look at
the last few lines.