Adding a custom attribute

Radoslav Kolev radolin at del.bg
Sun Jun 19 13:21:55 CEST 2005

Hi, all!

I'm using FreeRADIUS 1.0.1 with the MySQL backend.

I want to send out a reply attribute which is not in the standard
dictionary file.  What I did is edit /etc/raddb/dictionary and added
a line like:

ATTRIBUTE      Some-Attribute             229     string

Then inserted a row in the radreply table:

insert into radreply values ('','user','Some-Attribute', ':=', "text");

When I chek with radtest or actual NAS, the new reply attribute is not
sent in the Access Accept packet.  If I delete the above line from the
dictionary file and run the server in debug mode, I see a Unknown
attribute error from the mysql module("Error: rlm_sql: unknown attribute
Some-Attribute"), which is normal.  When the attribute is in the
dictionary no errors are given, and it is still not appended to the
reply.

Is there something else I need to to except adding the line to the
dictionary file?  I have added new attributes like that to FreeRADIUS
0.9.3 and it worked, has anything changed since then?

Regards,
Rado