Adding a custom attribute

Radoslav Kolev radolin at del.bg
Mon Jun 20 18:07:54 CEST 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 17:55 -0400, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Radoslav Kolev <radolin at del.bg> wrote:
> > I've tried it, with the same effect.  Adding other reply attirutes work,
> > but just the new one I defined in the dictionary file doesn't.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
>   Not really.  There's nothing magic about the dictionaries.  Adding
> attributes should work, and does for the tests I've run.

What I can figure out from the debug mode output is that my custom
attribute is actually added to the dictionary. The error about unknown
attribute that is reported before altering the dictionary file
disappears.  The problem is that it is not appended in the access accept
packet, although I have added it in the reply section/table to either
mysql or users file with a ':=' operator.

If thats relevant I'm using a default Fedora Core 3 install and
freeradius if from the Fedora RPMs.

Regards,
RAdo