How to use different ldap-modules?

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Jun 21 18:47:11 CEST 2005

Florian Prester <Florian.Prester at rrze.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:
> >  Why?  Just use the clear-text password to do all of the
> >authentication.  You're making work for yourself without any gain.
>
> But how can I do PAP with a clear-text password?

  Are you joking?  PAP *is* just the clear-text password!

> >  You're listing EAP in that group.  DON'T.
>
> Sorry, didn`t wanna do that!
> But I want to achieve that the authentication is first trying CHAP, then
> PAP and so on.

  Then use the default configuration.  IT WORKS.

> So how can I tell the radius to take the proper authentication and
> therefore a specific password using the LDAP profile?

  You don't.  The default configuration does this.

> In LDAP the clear-text password is given as well as the crypt one?

  Use the clear-text password.  It's all you need to get everything to
work.

> I am sorry, if I am annoying you, but I am kind of confused and do not
> know what to do anymore.

  If you don't know what the configuration file does, make as FEW
changes as possible.

  All you need to do is take the default radiusd.conf, uncomment the
references to "ldap", and configure the "ldap" module to point to your
LDAP server.

  What you did wrong was to make massive changes to the configuration
file without really understanding what the changes meant.