How to use different ldap-modules?

Florian Prester Florian.Prester at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Jun 24 10:07:34 CEST 2005

Alan DeKok wrote:

>Florian Prester <Florian.Prester at rrze.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:
>

>>Thu Jun 23 08:25:36 2005 : Debug:   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type
>>LDAP      <<<< Where does this come from?  # I use the NTRadPing Test
>>Utility
>>

>  You're using an old version of the server.  Install 1.0.4.
>
>  Alan DeKok.
>-
>List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Sorry for that, but it is still looking for ldap-Authentication, even
with 1.0.4.

Of course it says in the Authorization-section:
        #
        #  The ldap module will set Auth-Type to LDAP if it has not
        #  already been set
        ldap

But how can I retrieve the ldap-Information if I do not uncomment the
ldap-key in the authorization-section?

Because if I uncomment it, it wants to authenticate via LDAP like it
says, but vice versa it cannot find the user????

Thanks
Flo

Dipl. Inf. Florian Prester
Network Administration