Freeradius+mysql error

Kamran Bukhari kamranbukhari at gmail.com
Mon May 30 13:16:18 CEST 2005

Hello

Download MYSQL with all its libraries e.g. i got MySQL 4.11. You are
missing with libraries, thats y this message is prompting U.
after downloading the libraries, Use following command

rpm -Uvh --nodeps MySQL-server-... .rpm (use ur server version at ...)
rpm -Uvh MySQL-share.....rpm (use the share version u got)
rpm -Uvh Mysql-client....rpm

then use # /etc/init.d/mysql start

Then compile freeradius and make again.Hope u wont get the message back.

Bye

On 5/31/05, Rupak <rupak at sns.com.np> wrote:

> I configured freeradius it was working well.Now I wanted to make it work
> with my sql.My distro is redhat9 and I am using the version
> mysql-3.23.54a-11.rpm.Free radius was working and authenticating user.But
> after configuring the files to make it work with sql it is not working
> well.It gave me the following errors.I did exactly that was defined in the
> resources.Like in the forum section of chillispot.org .Tutorial was posted
> by barteki. And other sites as well.
>

> root at chillispot rlm_sql_mysql]# radiusd -x
> Starting - reading configuration files ...
> Using deprecated naslist file.  Support for this will go away soon.
> Module: Loaded exec
> rlm_exec: Wait=yes but no output defined. Did you mean output=none?
> Module: Instantiated exec (exec)
> Module: Loaded expr
> Module: Instantiated expr (expr)
> Module: Loaded SQL Counter
> Module: Instantiated sqlcounter (noresetcounter)
> Module: Loaded PAP
> Module: Instantiated pap (pap)
> Module: Loaded CHAP
> Module: Instantiated chap (chap)
> Module: Loaded MS-CHAP
> Module: Instantiated mschap (mschap)
> Module: Loaded preprocess
> Module: Instantiated preprocess (preprocess)
> Module: Loaded realm
> Module: Instantiated realm (suffix)
> Module: Loaded SQL
> rlm_sql (sql): Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql: file not found
> rlm_sql (sql): Make sure it (and all its dependent libraries!) are in the
> search path of your system's ld.
> radiusd.conf[14]: sql: Module instantiation failed.
>

> Can any one point me to  a correct lane…
>

> Thanking you
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Kamran Bukhari