How to authenticate users against a Windoze AD server with krb5?

Kenneth G. Arnold bkarnold at cbu.edu
Tue May 31 16:05:40 CEST 2005

I know what you mean about the lack of documentation for using Kerberos
authentication with FreeRadius.  I pieced together the correct method using
the documentation from the distribution, emails in the archives of this
mailing list and trial and error.  I am authenticating with the SEAM
process on Solaris 10 which is MIT Kerberos V.  I installed FreeRadius on a
machine running Solaris 9.

FreeRadius defaults to using MIT Kerberos V but can be changed to use the
Heimdal version instead.  I didn't see any documentation that says that you
can use an Active Directory for Kerberos authentication.

On what operating system is FreeRadius installed?
Is there an MIT Kerberos V or Heimdal Kerberos V installation on the same box?
Did your compilation successfully build the rlm_krb5 libraries?
When you start radiusd with the -X option do you see that it is actually
using the rlm_krb5 module?