freeradius password caching problem

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Nov 1 19:10:30 CET 2005

tech13 at netaxis.ca wrote:
> 1- the radiusd.pid file is not created

  Have you checked file permissions?  Are you running it as a daemon?

> 2- the passwd file (which I believe is from the users file) is not refreshed.

  The passwd file has nothing to do with the users file.

> I would prefer to use the /etc/passwd file and have it cached, but
> even if I activate it with cache = yes, it doesn't seem to work. I
> also use the cache refresh setting. If I use cache = no, it still
> seem to use the same users file.

  There is no "cache" setting for the "files" module, which is the
one that implements the "users" file.

  To re-read /etc/raddb/users, you have to send a HUP signal to the server.

> 3- I want to send all the logs to syslog, but this also doesn't seem to work, unless it's sent to a file. I tried syslog_facility = daemon,
> but still doesn't work.

  That doesn't work in 1.0.x.