freeradius password caching problem

tech13 at netaxis.ca tech13 at netaxis.ca
Tue Nov 1 22:38:24 CET 2005

Hi,

First, thanks for the reply. See the comments.

Pierre Forget

Permissions for /var/run and /var/run/radiusd are:

drwxr-xr-x

Yes, I am running it as a daemon with the command:

/usr/local/sbin/radiusd -s -f 2>>/tmp/radius.err >>/tmp/radius.out &

> > 2- the passwd file (which I believe is from the users file) is not refreshed.
>
>   The passwd file has nothing to do with the users file.

Is there any possibility to use  the Unix /etc/passwd instead of users?
With caching and auto refresh?

Do I need to deactivate users somewhere?

> > I would prefer to use the /etc/passwd file and have it cached, but
> > even if I activate it with cache = yes, it doesn't seem to work. I
> > also use the cache refresh setting. If I use cache = no, it still
> > seem to use the same users file.
>
>   There is no "cache" setting for the "files" module, which is the
> one that implements the "users" file.
>
>   To re-read /etc/raddb/users, you have to send a HUP signal to the server.
>
> > 3- I want to send all the logs to syslog, but this also doesn't seem to work, unless it's sent to a file. I tried syslog_facility = daemon,
> > but still doesn't work.
>
>   That doesn't work in 1.0.x.

I have a fix for syslog: I use tail -f on the detail file and send it to the logs.