assert request_list:1524 after running for some hours

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Sun Nov 6 05:20:49 CET 2005

Joe Maimon <jmaimon at ttec.com> wrote:
> rad_assert(request->proxy->dst_ipaddr.af == AF_INET)

  Hmm... that should be set in proxy.c.  If it's not set, then either
the realm isn't setting it, or the field is garbage.

  My bet is that the field is garbage because of some other issue with
the server, like the request getting free'd while it's still being
used.

> (still getting assert in util.c:189 on sever shutdown)

  That's because the requests aren't being cleaned up properly.  It's
just a sanity check.  The fix is to make rl_deinit() forcibly kill any
child thread accessing that request, and then to reset
request->child-pid.