Blank User-name attribute

Gustave Nylander gustave.nylander at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:31:10 CET 2005

It looks like the %RAD_REQUEST hash is empty by the time you get to the
authenticate function in the perl script. I've set up the
log_request_attributes function for just standard output like thus:

sub log_request_attributes {
        print "########### Request attributes debug ##############\n";
        for (keys %RAD_REQUEST) {
                print "hello\n";

And in the debug output from the radiusd -X, you'll see this:

auth: type "perl"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 0
perl_pool: item 0x9413670 asigned new request. Handled so far: 1
found interpetator at address 0x9413670
########### Request attributes debug ##############
rlm_perl: Added pair Service-Type = Framed-User
rlm_perl: Added pair Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen
rlm_perl: Added pair Framed-Protocol = PPP

You can see that we never get a 'hello', because it nevers enters the
for loop in the log function since %RAD_REQUEST is empty.

I'm not sure what I've done to make it disappear. Thanks for the response!