mysql.sock moved and cannot be found by freeradius !

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Mon Nov 7 16:47:01 CET 2005

Seferovic Edvin wrote:

> But according to my new mysql datadir location ( and my my.cnf file ) - the
> socket can be found at /data/mysql/mysql.sock... shouldn't freeRadius find
> out the new location? How is this done anyway?

I think FreeRADIUS doesn't read the file "my.cnf". To be more accurate,
it doesn't tell the libmysqlclient to read the file.

Question for Alan: it seems easy to pass an option to the libmysqlclient
to make it read a section called "radiusd" in "my.cnf". It'd make possible
to define there any options specific to MySQL which are not available
through our "sql.conf". Should I try to add this to the CVS ?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/mysql-options.html

--
Nicolas Baradakis