FreeBSD anyone?

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Nov 9 07:25:01 CET 2005

Matthew Horoschun <matthew at telstra.net> wrote:
> Can you comment on the accounting record rate that you're achieving?
> We're currently testing FreeRadius and I'm seeing a performance ceiling
> of about 200 accounting records per second.

  That's really a function of the back-end database.  If you have a
slow database, accounting will be slow.

  In my tests, logging to "detail", FreeRADIUS easily handles 1000's
of accounting packets per second.  So the difference between 1000s/s,
and 200/s is the difference between local files & external DB.