Computer Logon with PEAP-MSCHAPv2

Sebastian Mauer sebastian at n-unity.de
Sun Nov 13 15:55:09 CET 2005

Alan DeKok schrieb:

>Sebastian Mauer <sebastian at n-unity.de> wrote:
>

>>I found a lot of helpful HowTos and Documentations but never
>>managed to get Information about Computer Logons with PEAP.
>>

>  This was discussed very recently on this list.  See the list archives.
>
>  Alan DeKok.
>-
>List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Hello!

I already read the thread about Domain Logons, but my case is a little
bit different.

I use Samba 3.x with LDAP as backend. I recently managed to get
FreeRadius working by using SambaNTPassword as Password Attribute for
EAP-PEAP Logins. Now I have the problem to get machines authenticated
too. I found Information that when Computer Logon is activated the
Machine tries to authenticate with its Machine Password. The domain
enabled machines are in ou=Machines,dc=rnet,dc=lan and their Machine
Password is stored too in a SambaNTPassword Attribute.

So it might work if FreeRadius is able to find the machine entry in
LDAP. The username for machines is machinename$ but I'm not sure what
username Windows sens if it tries to authenticate a machine.

Has someone set up a similar configuration?

Sincerely,

Sebastian Mauer