Problem with rlm_mschap from CVS

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Mon Nov 14 18:19:35 CET 2005

Luca Corti wrote:

> When trying to authenticate everything seems to be fine, but fails when
> executing ntlm_auth.

[...]

> error: /usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_mschap-1.1.0-pre0.so: undefined symbol:
> radius_exec_program
>
> Is this a configuration issue or a bug?

It's a bug. It seems I removed too many things when deleting support
for the deprecated Exec-Program attribute.

The problem is the function radius_exec_program is now used by only
two modules : rlm_exec and rlm_mschap.

The possible solutions are:
1. Reverse previous changes and move the file exec.c back to src/main.
2. Copy the file exec.c into src/modules/rlm_mschap, too.
3. In rlm_mschap.c, use "exec_xlat" from rlm_exec instead of
   "radius_exec_program". It adds a dependancy between the modules,
   though. For example, we could have in radiusd.conf:
   ntlm_auth = "%{exec:/path/to/ntlm_auth ... }"

--
Nicolas Baradakis