Accounting-Response

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Nov 15 18:49:09 CET 2005

Ruslan A Dautkhanov <rusland at scn.ru> wrote:
> My FR 1.0 doesn't send Accounting-Response when sql module fail. Is it
> correct?

  Yes.

> I think it must always send response packets as an indication that acct
> packet just recieved.

  No, it sends a response packet when it's logged the data.

> My NAS send acct-request packets in infinity loop until response pkt
> recived.

  Yes.  If the data wasn't logged in SQL, responding to the packet
means that the data will be lost forever, because the NAS won't
re-send the information.

  If you want the server to send a response, configure the "always"
module to return "ok", and see doc/configurable_failover