pam radius integration with http server

nagaraj nagaraj2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 05:28:48 CET 2005

hi, I have successfully integrated PAM radius client http boa server to
facilitate remote authentication. However I am facing few issues. If the
number of re-tries is configured to 2 and timeout value is set to 3, it
takes 24 secs to timeout when radius server is not available. Http client is
making 4 connections and hence it takes 24 secs(2*3*4) to timeout. In the
event of server not being reachable, http server should default to local
authentication that happens only after 24 secs which is not acceptable. Is
there any way I can fine tune this? Has any body dealt with this kind of
issue? Please reply.
 Thanks,
Nagaraj