radsqlrelay queries

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Fri Nov 18 11:44:12 CET 2005

Ming-Ching Tiew wrote:

> I have a configuration where I need to populate the free radius
> data into MS SQL database but over the wide area network.
>
> So what I do is I have a radius server writing to flat files
> and then I will write some scripts to compress to files and
> sent them over the wide area network and then on the other
> end, I will decompress it and then I will use 'radsqlrelay' to
> read the flat files and store them into MSSQL.

The files from "rlm_sql_log" are just plain SQL statements. If
you don't insert the records on the fly, you don't really need
radsqlrelay. Any command line SQL client can read these files.

> But a quick check on the latest radius server snap shot revealed
> that the program 'radsqlrelay' - a perl script - only support
> 'mysql' and 'pg'.

That's because until now only these database servers have been
used with radsqlrelay.

> Any chance of it supporting unixODBC or iODBC ? What does
> it take to modify it to support unixODBC or iODBC ?

As always, patches are welcome.

--
Nicolas Baradakis