sql.conf and case sensitive UserNames fr 1.0.5

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Fri Nov 18 15:14:21 CET 2005

Andreas Engler wrote:

> If i understand the sql.conf from freeradius-1.0.5 right, then the
> default queries do a case sensitive check for the UserName.
> The alternate queries are marked for case insensitive usernames. So i
> understand the default queries are for case sensitive usernames.
> Am i wrong in this understanding?

I'd say the comments in sql.conf are completely messed up. I pulled
the comments from postgresql.conf to keep the files in sync, but it
looks like it was wrong because MySQL and PostgreSQL are different on
this point.

> That would be different from behavior in freeradius-1.0.4.

No, the default queries are the same in all FreeRADIUS 1.0.x versions.

> After a few tests i would say, that the UserName is still case
> insensitive in the default queries for freeradius-1.0.5.

Yes, the default queries are case insensitive. Here are case sensitive
queries that works:

    authorize_check_query = "SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, op \
      FROM ${authcheck_table} \
      WHERE Username = BINARY '%{SQL-User-Name}' \
      ORDER BY id"
    authorize_reply_query = "SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, op \
      FROM ${authreply_table} \
      WHERE Username = BINARY '%{SQL-User-Name}' \
      ORDER BY id"

Thanks for spotting the problem. I'm going to fix the file sql.conf
in the CVS.

--
Nicolas Baradakis