Freeradius How to integrate Active Directory [AD Integration WindowsXP NTLM Tutorial]

King, Michael MKing at bridgew.edu
Tue Nov 22 20:26:57 CET 2005

Hi Robin

Ignore the freeRADIUS package.  Due to license restrictions, it cannot
contain the binaries for OpenSSL. We have to use the source.

Download the latest release of freeRADIUS

Unzip freeRADIUS

Tar -zxvf freeradius-1.0.5.tar.gz

Switch to the directory

then

./configure --disable-shared

make

make install

You can look at my notes if you want:
http://www.mpking.com/articles.php?lng=en&pg=55

These are not a howto, just my notes to myself as I built this config 3
or 4 times in a row.

Couple of notes...   The krb5.conf and the samba.conf files are not
perfect.  They don't take advantage of the fact samba can do a DNS
lookup for the activedirectory server.

Like I said, they're just my notes.