Freeradius How to integrate Active Directory [AD Integration WindowsXP NTLM Tutorial]

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Nov 23 01:32:29 CET 2005

Robin Mordasiewicz <rmordasiewicz at samuelmanutech.com> wrote:
> thanks for this. I change to use the /dev/random as per your tutorial but
> radiusd hangs. When I change the random_file back to the original then it
> works

  Yes.  The "random_file" needed by the TLS module is a *pool* of
random numbers.  /dev/random and /dev/urandom are infinite streams of
random numbers.  So the TLS module thinks that the "pool" is infinite
in size, and takes forever to read it.

  The default config of the server for "random_file" is correct, and
should be used.