Proxy radius GTC

benjo.fr benjo.fr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 10:48:47 CET 2005

My final target is to use EAP-PEAP authentication with EAP-GTC (Wi-Fi 802.1x).

In the first step, I try to connect Supplicant to  Radius (not
FreeRadius) with EAP-PEAP / EAP-GTC. The Supplicant freeze.
In the second step,  I try to connect Supplicant to a Radius (not
FreeRadius) with EAP-PEAP / EAP-MsChapV2. The Supplicant freeze.

So, I think my Raduis is not RFC-Compliant. Usully, when I got the
choice, I put a FreeRadius. But here, I haven't the choice of the
final Radius server (beacause I'm using Token...).

I find in the Internet a Alan's post, witch explains how to proxing
radius request EAP-PEAP / EAP-MsChapV2 with FreeRadius.
Then, I try this. I connect Supplicant to FreeRadius with EAP-PEAP /
EAP-MsChapV2, and FreeRadius to my Radius server (the FreeRadius and
the Radius are using MsChapV2). It's OK !

Now, I configure Supplicant and the FreeRadius with the same settings,
except MsChapV2 is repaced by GTC. It's not ok ...

Is it most clear ? (Excuse me for my bad english, i'm sorry ...)