rlm_ippool: multiple ip ranges or multiple pools

Marko Dinic marko at yu.net
Tue Nov 29 13:21:17 CET 2005

Hi,
can this be done like this ...

in radiusd.conf:

modules {

     ippool pool_range1 {

     ippool pool_range2 {

post-auth {

     group MULTIPLERANGESPOOL {
         pool_range1
         pool_range2

and then, in users file:

DEFAULT Auth-Type := PAP, Ldap-Group == "somegroup", Pool-Name := "MULTIPLERANGESPOOL"

If so, since ippool has to be set in both accounting and post-auth sections,
do we need the exact same setting in accounting section, or could we do just

accounting {
     pool_range1
     pool_range2

Best regards,

Marko Dinic, System Engineer
-----
YUnet International  http://www.eunet.yu
Dubrovacka 35/III,   11000 Belgrade
Tel: +381 11 311 9901;  Fax: + 381 11 311 9901
-----
This  e-mail  is confidential and intended only for the recipient.
Unauthorized  distribution,  modification  or  disclosure  of  its
contents is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender by telephone  +381 11 311 9901.
-----