Fall-through and different NAS IP Settings

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Nov 30 01:07:11 CET 2005

"Curt LeCaptain" <lecaptainc at infinitytechnology.com> wrote:
> From what I understand, if people come from the NAS-IP-Address of
> ip.add.re.ss, it should be stopping everything, giving them their IP
> and not continuing on due to the Fall-Through = No.  Perhaps I'm
> getting this wrong, but I'm trying to make it so that those users
> aren't getting any timeouts.  Any thoughts would be very helpful.

  As always, run it in debugging mode.  You would see the answer.

  In this case, NAS-IP-Address is an attribute in the RADIUS packet.
So if the NAS doesn't send it, it doesn't match that entry.

  You probably want to use Client-IP-Address, which is a
FreeRADIUS-specific thing meaning "the source IP of the RADIUS packet".