Fall-through and different NAS IP Settings

Curt LeCaptain lecaptainc at infinitytechnology.com
Wed Nov 30 01:16:39 CET 2005

As always, run it in debugging mode.  You would see the answer.

  In this case, NAS-IP-Address is an attribute in the RADIUS packet.
So if the NAS doesn't send it, it doesn't match that entry.

Okay, so I'm looking at my radiusd -X output and here's what I get on a access-request:

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host ip.add.re.ss:21737, id=82, length=84
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        User-Name = "user at domain.com"
        User-Password = "drb2859"
        NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
        NAS-Port = 81185
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        NAS-IP-Address = ip.add.re.ss

I'm just asking this for my understanding, am I still going to want to use Client-IP-Address even though from what I can see here, the NAS-IP-Address attribute is appearing within the output of debugging?

Thanks,
Curt LeCaptain