rlm_counter

Madhvi Gokool madhvin at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 08:35:46 CET 2005

Hello
Freeradius version is 1.0.4
I am using plain text users file.  I have implemented counters  for each
user - the counter should reset at the end of each month. I tested the
counter a while ago for a particular user and it worked.
I have just implemented counter usage for the rest of the users and got the
following error : -
Auth: Invalid user (rlm_counter: Maximum monthly usage time reached):
[kalc/<CHAP-Password>] (from client as port 257 cli <tel number>)
this user's config in the users file was as follows :-

kalc   Auth-Type = Local, Password = "kalc", Calling-Station-Id = "",  ,
Max-Monthly-Session := 36000
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP

Any idea as to what could have caused this.
How can I log when counters roll over?
How can I verify the counter usage - how many seconds used and left for each
user??

Thanx in advance for your prompt reply.

Regds
Madhvi