mysql woes

Ayres G.J. G.J.Ayres at swansea.ac.uk
Wed Nov 30 16:45:39 CET 2005

Hello all,
	I have freeradius-1.0.5 running using mysql, and have some questions
I have been unable to resolve or find any answers too.

If I have the below entry in my radcheck table, and the appropriate info in
the proxy.conf I can log in to my 802.1x network using WPA and EAP fine, and
the request is forwarded and accepted.

mysql> SELECT * from radcheck;
+----+----------+----------------+----+-----------+
| id | UserName | Attribute      | op | Value     |
+----+----------+----------------+----+-----------+
|  1 | gaz1     | proxy-to-realm | := | uwsradius |
+----+----------+----------------+----+-----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

This does not result in any of the accounting taking place into the db tho,
only the post_auth accouting is done in the radpostauth table. Is this
because the connection is proxied? (sqltrace does not contain any attepts to
log any accounting except the postauth stuff).

I had some experimental entries in my user file that did dynamic VLAN'ing,
and now I want to put them into the mysql database.

They were :

gaz1 NAS-IP-Address==x.x.x.x, Proxy-To-Realm := uwsradius
        Frame-Type := Framed,
        Tunnel-Medium-Type:1 := IEEE-802,
        Tunnel-Type:1 := VLAN,
        Tunnel-Private-Group-ID:1 := 667

How do I put this information into the mysql database? I have tried creating
a group and adding it to radgroupcheck, and adding it as separate lines in
radcheck which does not work. (as seen below) I don't get any errors or
anything to work with, so I am stuck.

+----+-----------+---------------------------+----+----------+
| id | GroupName | Attribute                 | op | Value    |
+----+-----------+---------------------------+----+----------+
|  1 | comms     | Frame-Type                | := | Framed   |
|  3 | comms     | Tunnel-Medium-Type:1      | := | IEEE-802 |
|  4 | comms     | Tunnel-Type:1             | := | VLAN     |
|  5 | comms     | Tunnel-Private-Group-ID:1 | := | 667      |
+----+-----------+---------------------------+----+----------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Thanks for anyhelp,
Gareth.