Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 119

Marcos Gonzalez mgtroyas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 19:49:57 CET 2005

freeradius-users-request at lists.freeradius.org escribió:
>> I think the problem is the NAS configuration. I don't know if some kind
>> of misconfiguration made only time being tracked, not bytes sent and
>> received.
>>

>   The NAS may not track that information.  If it doesn't track it, it
> can't send that data in a RADIUS packet.
>
>   I'd check the Cisco documentation.
Thank you Alan, for answering.

In the Cisco documentation about the 1200, they show the list of
attributes the Aironet 1200 can include in an accounting package:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008010f63d.html#wp1097698

Here is an extract:

* Attributes Sent in Accounting-Request (update) Packets
1 User-Name
4 NAS-IP-Address
[...]
42 Acct-Input-Octets
43 Acct-Output-Octets
[...]
47 Acct-Input-Packets
48 Acct-Output-Packets

* Attributes Sent in Accounting-Request (stop) Packets
1 User-Name
4 NAS-IP-Address
[...]
42 Acct-Input-Octets
43 Acct-Output-Octets
[...]
47 Acct-Input-Packets
48 Acct-Output-Packets

So yes, this NAS is supposed to report those pieces of information. At
least, thats what Cisco says. But the fact is it isn't doing so.

>   I expect the NAS will not send
> those attributes, ever.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

You think the NAS won't send those attributes. I have no experience with
NASs, so I'd appreciate a lot if you could explain me why you think so.
I don't want to spend time trying to do something that isn't possible.
Thank you in advance, again.