FreeRadius Logging Abilities

Chuck chuck at pathworx.com
Tue Oct 4 03:51:02 CEST 2005

On Monday 03 October 2005 08:18 pm, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Chuck <chuck at pathworx.com> wrote:
> > What i want to see in radius.log is an entry like this showing the nas-ip
> > host/node name instead of radius client:
> >
> > Fri Sep 30 20:04:37 2005: Auth: Login OK: [user at domain] (from nas
> > nas5.tempe1.az.us.da.qwest.net/S7428) socket 0 (0 sec)
>
>   For now, source code mods are required to change this text.

oh boy. fun time then. thankfully that mod shouldn't be too major.

> > I tried commenting out the detail area to eliminate accounting logs,
> > but then radius complained bitterly about not having a detail
> > section.
>
>   Comment out the *rest* of the references to the "detail" module.

i thought i did, but then again i did that early in the am after just waking
up and still on my first coffee (when about all i can do correctly is push
the red button so the light goes on to make coffee), so... will try again :)

thanks!

>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Chuck

"Windows?? You mean the thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a
sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a
four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't
stand one bit of competition? Oh, that..." -- Lee Clarke