FreeRADIUS - FreeBSD - Segmentation fault

Dusty Doris freeradius at mail.doris.cc
Tue Oct 4 20:15:48 CEST 2005

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Alan DeKok wrote:

> "Christian Meutes" <christian.meutes at de.clara.net> wrote:
>> are there any new findings in context to the problem with
>> FreeRADIUS(rlm_sql_mysql?) > 1.0.4 under FreeBSD?
>> I have just tested it with FreeBSD5.4-Release and FreeRADIUS out of the ports
>> and the problem still exists:
>
>  I don't have access to a FreeBSD box, so I can't track down the
> problem.
>
>  I did have access to one for a while, and found a bug which is fixed
> in 1.0.5.  That *should* have fixed the problem, but it appears to
> still be there.
>
>  Alan DeKok.

Just an FYI.  I just put into production late last night, two freeradius
1.0.5 servers running on freebsd 5.4, which are using rlm_mysql.  They are
setup only as accounting servers.  I have all my other radius servers
sending the accounting data over to them.

I have not seen any issues in my testing in the lab or today in production
with these machines.  I will be setting up another instance of it in our
lab next week to mirror production, so if I run into any problems I'll let
you all know and maybe I can get Alan or whomever temporary access to that
machine to check it out.  But so far, I just haven't seen any problems.

-Dusty Doris