FreeRADIUS - FreeBSD - Segmentation fault

Dusty Doris freeradius at mail.doris.cc
Tue Oct 4 22:15:37 CEST 2005

> a few thing would be nice to know to maybe localize the problem further:
> Are you running FreeBSD 5.4-Release or 5.4-Stable?
> Which MySQL version are you running and do you have compiled it with native
> threads or with linuxthreads?

I installed freebsd 5.4-release and then updated the source about one week
ago with the following:

cvsup standard-supfile (tag=RELENG_5_4)
cd /usr/src
make buildworld
make buildkernel KERNCONF=mykernel (didn't change much in the kernel)
  -added options SMP
  -added device CARP
  -removed all cpu accept I686_CPU
  -changed ident
make installkernel KERNCONF=mykernel
reboot
mergemaster -p
make installworld
mergemaster
reboot

I installed everything except freeradius from ports with all the defaults
(eg: make install clean)

  # pkg_info -Ea
bash-3.0.16_1
cvsup-without-gui-16.1h_2
gdbm-1.8.3_1
gettext-0.14.5
gmake-3.80_2
libiconv-1.9.2_1
libltdl-1.5.20
libtool-1.3.5_2
libtool-1.5.20
mysql-client-4.1.14
mysql-server-4.1.14
openssh-portable-4.2.0.0,1
perl-5.8.6_2

# uname -a
FreeBSD radsql1.soc.int 5.4-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p7 #0: Tue Sep 27 14:14:11 EDT 2005
root at radacctm.lab.soc.int:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/carp  i386

Installed freeradius last from source simply doing ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/freeradius105.

My radiusd.conf is very stripped down.  Basically this machines only
purpose is to do radius accounting to mysql, so almost everything is
commented out or blank (such as users).  However, I did test
authentication with it briefly with an out of the box configuration only
modifying sql.conf username/password and uncommenting all instances of sql
in radiusd.conf.

Hope that is helpful.  If you have any more questions, fire away.

-Dusty