Accounting and Cisco devices

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Wed Oct 5 21:07:30 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-10 at 09:56 -0500, Ryan Klinkhammer wrote:
> Is it possible receive accounting information for cisco devices.  When
> I go to my log files I can see the start and stop of my session but
> don’t see the commands I entered on the device.  Or does freeradius
> not log accounting information.  I am using version 1.0.5

It sounds like you are thinking of syslog accounting rather than radius
accounting.

If you are using debug to log the activity on your Cisco device you will
have to configure it to use a remote syslog server, to collect the debug
information. If you want per interface accounting information, you will
either want to use SNMP of NetFlow information.

Radius is only for the AAA features on the Cisco device.