Which Operating System is best for freeRADIUS

Dusty Doris freeradius at mail.doris.cc
Wed Oct 5 23:23:01 CEST 2005

> Building my FR server, I have the choice of a number of operating system for
> my FreeRADIUS server.
> Anybody with a suggestion which operating system is best suited for FR?
>
> I like to run FR on a VPS (virtual private server) using one of the
> following OS:
> - FreeBSD 4.9 (jail)
> - FreeBSD 5.2 (jail)
> - Fedora 2 (virtuozza)
> - Redhat AS3 (virtuozza)
> - Redhat 9.0 (virtuozza)
> - CentOS 4.0 (virtuozza)
>
> Thanks!
> Gunther

I think they all would work fine.  I myself prefer freebsd, specificall
5.4.  I am running it on standalone freebsd5.4 servers in production and
in the process of setting a few up in jails in my lab.  I really like the
jails in freebsd, they are so easy to use.  If you need any tips with it,
email me off-list.  I've got a couple jails setup right now running
openldap.