rlm_perl hang server

Boyan Jordanov bjordanov at orbitel.bg
Sun Oct 9 12:11:27 CEST 2005

On Sunday 09 October 2005 12:29, Abdul Lateef wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone explain me why radius is going hang when
> its receive more 2000 request in one time. I
> configured rlm_perl and it is working if there is
> small traffic. But when the traffics reached more than
> 2000 the radius is stopped.
>
> I used example.pl for authentication, authorization
> and accounting with mysql DB.
> Can any lead me where is exactly fault.

To work with sql and rlm_perl you need to make an separate sql connection for
each thread. This can be done using sub CLONE {} which is automatically
called when new thread is created. There you can connect to mysql server.
Another usefull point is to make perl pool with fixed size for example use 16
or 32 perl threads. Check your database - are you using indexes, keys etc.
On my site we can handle with fixed 64 threads an average of 20.137
requests/second  on thread.

--
Best Regards,
Boian Jordanov