802.1x client question

Adam KOSA adamk at freesite.hu
Mon Oct 10 22:08:48 CEST 2005

Hi All,

this question may be off-topic, but the windows list i was asking could
not help.

i set up a 802.1x wired authentication in an ethernet network, with all
of the following: eap-tls, eap-md5, eap-peap, with freeradius.

everything is working great except one thing: 2k and xp is not able to
cache the authentication info.  with the certificate, the most i could
achieve that when logging on, the auth is automatic.  but no network
until i log on.

this is not a radius problem, since the radius and the authentication
process is working great.  the reason i'm writing is maybe some of you
have solved this problem and could help me please.  how am i supposed to
configure the client to remember the password?  I'm open to any
solution, even to forget eap-* and use something less secure.

thanks
Adam