i want to add new attributs

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Oct 12 00:43:46 CEST 2005

"Tim O'Donovan" <tim at icukhosting.co.uk> wrote:
> Mon Oct 10 22:25:37 2005
>          Timestamp = 1128979537
>
> So it is recognising the Timestamp attribute, as you suggested. Where am
> I going wrong?

  The "Timestamp" entry is not a real attribute.  It is added by the
"detail" module when the record gets printed.

> >> I am trying to accomplish almost exactly the same thing on our
> >> freeradius setup. Our NAS servers send us an additional attribute,
> >> 'Timestamp', in UNIX time, but at the moment our radius server is
> >> ignoring it altogether.

  The NAS is *not* sending the Timestamp.

> >> We are using MySQL for accounting etc and the default setup logs
> >> entries using the current time of insertion, not the time sent by the
> >> NAS.

  In normal systems, the time of insertion *is* when the packet was
received.

> >> We have a secondary radius server that is replicated by using
> >> radrelay on the primary server which runs every minute or so. This is
> >> the main problem as the time logged to the secondary server is
> >> different to the primary.

  That's why radrelay sets Acct-Delay-Time, so that the timestamp of
the original request can be calculated as "received packet time -
Acct-Delay-Time"