rlm_perl & %RAD_REPLY issue

Max Lock max at natcom.co.nz
Thu Oct 13 04:08:28 CEST 2005

Hi Folks,

trying to run version 1.0.4 on Debian sarge..

export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libperl.so.5.8; freeradius -X

(to account for known debian weirdness)

using rlm_perl like so...

sub authorize {
        $RAD_REPLY{'Max-Total-Octets'} = "xxx6000000";
        &log_request_attributes;
        &log_reply_attributes;
        &log_check_attributes;
        return RLM_MODULE_UPDATED;
}

and getting the following error on STDOUT...

rlm_perl: ERROR: Failed to create pair Max-Total-Octets = 6000000

googled around, but can't see anything? other attribs in sql
radgroupcheck table are working fine (also using rlm_sql). I took a look
at the source code, but I'm not really a coder, and couldn't follow it
too easily. However, all I can see is that the following is failing in
rlm_perl.c

vpp = pairmake(key, val, T_OP_EQ);
               if (vpp != NULL) {
                       pairadd(vp, vpp);
                       radlog(L_DBG,
                         "rlm_perl: Added pair %s = %s", key, val);
                       return 1;
               } else {
                       radlog(L_DBG,
                         "rlm_perl: ERROR: Failed to create pair %s = %
s",
                         key, val);
               }

can anyone point me in the right direction? just going to try version
1.0.5 in the meantime :)

 -Thanks Max.