Ippool mysql

Mark Novitzkas Mark.Novitzkas at psitek.com
Thu Oct 13 15:58:16 CEST 2005

Hi There

I am trying to setup freeradius 1.0.0.5 using mysql and ippools.
Basically i want to use mysql to auth the incoming request and and use
ippool to assign an adress to that request. Firstly is that possible?
I have setup the mysql DB correctly with the radcheck table
specifiying the Pool-Name ( in my case im testing with the main_pool
as configured in the radiusd.conf.
My second probelm is that if i start up radiusd in debug mode it shows
the following error?

Module: Loaded IPPOOL
 ippool: session-db = "/home/radius/db.ippool"
 ippool: ip-index = "/home/radius/db.ipindex"
 ippool: range-start = 192.168.1.1 IP address [192.168.1.1]
 ippool: range-stop = 192.168.3.254 IP address [192.168.3.254]
 ippool: netmask = 255.255.255.0 IP address [255.255.255.0]
 ippool: cache-size = 800
 ippool: override = yes
 ippool: maximum-timeout = 0
rlm_ippool: Failed to open file /home/radius/db.ippool: Permission denied
radiusd.conf[1467]: main_pool: Module instantiation failed.

Do i need to create the db files first? If so how is this done?
I know this may be arb questions but this is my first time using freeradius :)

Thanks
Mark
Notice
This email is intended for the addressee only and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this email in error and are not the intended recipient, you are hereby informed that you are not entitled to read, broadcast, distribute or in any manner whatsoever use the contents of this email or any attachments thereto.  You are requested to please notify Psitek that you have received the email and then delete it.  Unless clearly stated otherwise, the content and sentiments expressed in this email or any attachments thereto are those of the sender and not of Psitek (Proprietary) Limited.  Psitek does not accept liability for any damages, loss or expense of any nature whatsoever arising (a) out of or in connection with the email or any attachments thereto and/or (b) from any act or omission by the recipient relying upon the content of the email or attachments.  Psitek further disclaims liability for any damages caused by computer and/or software viruses.  Should this email contain the terms of a contract, no binding agreement will result until such time as a written (hardcopy) document is signed on behalf of Psitek.