Is rlm_perl a viable solution for production environments yet?

Dusty Doris freeradius at mail.doris.cc
Tue Oct 18 21:34:04 CEST 2005

>> I'm considering writing some Perl for use with the rlm_perl module, but
>> before I do I need to know whether the module is ready for use in a
>> production environment.
>>
>> Has anyone had any experience (both positive and negative) with rlm_perl,
>> performance wise, that they could share with me to help my decision?
>>

> I am using rlm_perl in production right now.  Its been working flawlessly for
> me.  I'm using it with freeradius 1.0.2.

I guess I should add what I'm doing with it.  I'm using it to hand out IP
addresses to PPPoA ADSL connections from a mysql database.  We have about
30,000 DSL modems that get a dynamic IP out of a pool and about 8,000 that
get a static IP.  We get about 1-2 radius requests per second.

I'll document it one of these days and then post it to the list.  I just
haven't had time yet to do it.

-Dusty Doris