Problem in setting VSA in perl script

David Deman ddeman at fr.netcentrex.net
Wed Oct 19 08:52:41 CEST 2005

In order to test an application using radius, i'm using freeradius-0.9.3
I modify the script freeradius_sh.pl to change radius response
I've got some trouble with response:

1) I can't put any attribute in a Reject response to an authorize :
 for example if I do the following
     $RAD_CHECK{'Auth-Type'} = "Reject";
     $RAD_REPLY{'State'} = "30";
     $RAD_REPLY{'Termination-Action'} = "0";
     return 2;
 the network trace show there is no attribute in the response.

2) I try to add some Vendor-Specific Attribute in a radius response
I do the following
 	$RAD_REPLY{'Vendor-Specific'} = pack "N C C
a*",$vendorId,$vsaId,length($value)+2,$value;
	$RAD_CHECK{'Auth-Type'} = "Accept";
	return 2;
The problem is that the first two octets of vendor specific are 0 and the
freeradius truncate the response

If someone could help me
Thanks a lot