wifi / mac authentication

Nick B freerad at bctechonline.biz
Thu Oct 20 07:49:35 CEST 2005

hello im using freeradius 1.02-4 (debian)

if i have my access points set for mac address authentication via radius
what settings do i require on the freeradius end?

currently in my DB i have it setup as this

groupname: Enabled
Auth-Type :=Local
Compression used: :=Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP
Service type:  := Framed-User

groupname: Disabled
Auth-Type :=Reject

Now when a wireless client trys to connect will the NAS sends the mac
address and does it append the NAS password or do you supply a specific
password for the mac address?
when it authenticates the Wireless client will  they have internet access
(obtained ip/dhcp etc all thru the nas) or Rejected if in the disabled
account (no internet access)

Thanks