counter with Session Octet Limit

Seferovic Edvin edvin.seferovic at kolp.at
Thu Oct 20 17:42:56 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am using freeRadius 1.0.2, and I would like to limit weekly bandwidth for
my VPN ( pptp ) users. So Ive changed the example counter part in my
radiusd.conf

counter weekly_traffic {

                filename = ${raddbdir}/db.weekly

                key = User-Name

                count-attribute = Acct-Input-Octets

                reset = weekly

                counter-name = Weekly-Traffic

                check-name = Max-Weekly-Traffic

                allowed-servicetype = Framed-User

        }

The counter works for it self - It checks the Max-Weekly-Traffic attribute
in my ldap tree for a specific user, calculates the rest, but then it tries
to add Session-Timeout attribute to Access-Accept packet. This is not
working / attribute is not being added, and besides - it is the wrong
attribute. Is it possible for the counter module to add the value, which is
usualy added as Session-Timeout, as Session-Octets-Limit?

Regards,

Edvin Seferovic